We believe that every person is a treasure, every life a sacred gift, every human being a unity of mind, body, and spirit.
Our mission is to build community and promote health and healing both in the church community and the world.
The Wellness Ministry provides a safe and supportive environment for people to become physically, spiritually, and emotionally healthier.
Wellness Ministry facilities are located at the Outreach Center at 1073 Providence Road, Charlotte, NC 28207. Please feel free to contact us at 704-927-1284.
Monday-Thursday: 6 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Friday: 6 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Saturday: 6 a.m. – 4 p.m.
OPEN COURT HOURS
Monday & Wednesday: 12:30-5:00 p.m.
Tuesday & Thursday: 12:30-5:00 p.m.
Friday: 9:30 -5:00 p.m.
Saturday: 6 – 4 p.m.
Holiday Hours - Closed
2022 Holiday Schedule
Saturday, January 1 – New Year’s Day
Monday, January 3 – New Year’s Holiday
Monday, January 17 – MLK Day
Monday, April 18 – Easter Monday
Monday, May 30 – Memorial Day
Monday, July 4 – Independence Day
Monday, September 5 – Labor Day
Wednesday, November 23 – Closed at 5 p.m.
Thursday, November 24 – Thanksgiving Day
Friday, November 25 – Thanksgiving Holiday
Friday December 23 – Closed at 5 p.m.
Saturday, December 24 – Christmas Eve
Monday, December 26 – Christmas Holiday
Tuesday December 27 – Christmas Holiday
Friday, December 30 – Closed at 5 p.m.
Monday, January 2 – New Year’s Holiday
Summer Camps Are Here!
June-August, 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
With 8 weeks and 8 different themes to choose from, there is sure to be something your child will love! Ms. Lana and Ms. Vita will inspire your child’s curiosity through learning and exploring each week’s theme, promoting regular physical activity through active games and obstacle courses, allowing the children to explore sensory activities, and encouraging their imagination through crafts. Campers must have turned three years old by this past February 1, cannot be older than five years old, and must be potty trained to be eligible.
- It’s a Bug’s Life, June 20-23 – Bugs are everywhere! These small but mighty creatures may seem pesky, yet many insects have very important jobs. Let’s learn about the creepy crawlers around us!
- Fit & Fun, June 27-30 – Let’s get moving! From fitness games to obstacle courses to beginner team sports. Ready, set…go Fit Kids!
- Water, Water Everywhere, July 11-14 – Scoop, pour, and explore, over and over and over again. Children will learn about the physical properties of water, rain, and water’s role in nature.
- Music Madness, July 18-21 – Songs, rhymes, musical instruments, dancing, and rhythm activities are all tucked into this musical week!
- On the Go, July 25-28 – Vroom, vroom! Zoom, zoom! Grease your wheels, start your engines, and get ready to roll. Have fun exploring the following modes of land transportation: cars, buses, and delivery trucks.
- Under the Sea, August 8-11 – This ocean-themed week is filled with fun, hands-on activities, crafts, and creative, educational play. Kids will get to learn about fish and ocean habitats, sand, and the beach.
- Outer Space, August 15-18 – To Infinity and beyond! Sun, moon, stars, rockets… it’s time for some out-of-this-world exploration! Let’s take an imaginary trip to outer space.
- What’s the Weather?, August 22-25 – Summer, fall, winter, and spring. The weather changes so quickly. It can be hot & sunny today and cold & wet the next day. Nothing beats these real-life experiences!
Wellness Ministry Programs
Explore programs by selecting and deselecting the filters below:
Our family memberships allow children ages 10 and older to access the game room and gym, except during basketball practice and games, without paying the $7 drop-in fee. Please click here to download our membership application. Our pricing is as follows:
Myers Park Presbyterian Church Members
Adults – $25/month or $270/year
Students (with identification) – $15/month or $162/year
Seniors (62+) – $15/month or $162/year
Family – $53/month or $573/year
Adults – $43/month or $465/year
Students (with identification) – $25/month or $270/year
Seniors (62+) – $30/month or $324/year
Family – $73/month or $789/year
Full refund of membership payments may be issued if the request is received in writing no later than 7 days after the application is submitted. A prorated refund may be issued at the discretion of the Wellness Ministry Director based upon the specific circumstances of the request. A $35 administrative fee will be deducted from all refunds.
Bring your completed application, a government-issued photo identification card – driver’s license, passport, government ID or military ID – to the Myers Park Presbyterian Church Outreach Center front desk. Anyone over the age of 16 must have this type of photo identification. You are required to present a government-issued photo ID in order to apply for membership, receive a replacement membership card or use the facility as a guest.
The Myers Park Presbyterian Church Wellness Ministry regularly compares its membership database to the National Sex Offenders Registry. We reserve the right to terminate the membership of anyone registered as a sex offender.
If you plan to establish a monthly draft, you also will need to bring a voided check from the account you wish to use for payment.
Wellness is a ministry of Myers Park Presbyterian Church and therefore speech, dress, and conduct of all members and guests should be in accordance with the highest Christian standards. To this end, these items are not allowed on the premises of the Myers Park Presbyterian Church Outreach Center: pets, tobacco, weapons, alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs and/or controlled substances, and any item that would detract from creating a Christian atmosphere.
Also, in order to ensure a safe and comfortable atmosphere for everyone, members and guests are expected to be respectful of others and to adhere to the following guidelines when using the fitness center:
- Wear the proper workout attire
- Refrain from eating or drinking in the Outreach Center, except in the game room
- Use headphones with iPods and other personal music devices
- Cease talking on cell phones while in the fitness center
- Return all equipment after use to its proper location
- Ensure no wellness ministry equipment is removed from the Outreach Center
- Wipe down fitness equipment after each use
- Report all injuries and any equipment failures to a wellness ministry team member
The Myers Park Presbyterian Wellness Ministry fitness center is open for use by all wellness ministry members 16 years old and older. Youth between the ages of 13-15 years old may use the fitness center and track but must be accompanied and supervised by a parent or adult. Children under the age of 13 are not allowed in the fitness center or track.
Child & Youth Protection Training
At Myers Park Presbyterian Church, we take the safety of our children and youth seriously. Each employee, volunteer and youth leader must go through a background check and safety training before working with our younger ministries. Click here to review our Child & Youth Protection policy.
- a 352 ft. indoor walking track
- dual basketball courts
- locker rooms with showers
- state-of-the-art Precor and Hoist equipment
- free weights
- TRX Suspension System
- game room
- wi-fi internet access
- flat-screen televisions
We now have childcare passes available! Purchase one today for $35 each.