We believe that God calls us to be generous givers of our time, talent and treasures. When we combine our gifts they multiply to bring hope to our community and beyond.
We give our financial resources through our annual stewardship commitment. Giving is an act of faith, an expression of gratefulness and a spiritual discipline. Your financial commitment ensures that children and youth are nurtured, adults grow in faith through discipleship and relationships with one another, older adults are upheld and card for, God’s name is praised through song and worship, the poor are given food, and the homeless receive shelter. All of that—and so much more—is made possible through our giving to the church.
Stewardship is about being grateful, responsible stewards of the gifts we receive from God. Making a pledge is a tangible way to express our faith and to lead a balanced spiritual life. When each of us gives what we are able, together we fund ministry within our church, our community, and our world.
By submitting a pledge, you are providing an estimate of giving of future dollars (gifts made between January 1- December 31, 2022), allowing MPPC the ability to accurately assess and plan next year’s budget and what we can do for ministry and mission in the coming year. The church leadership is committed to living within our means and ensuring that every gift makes a difference. Understanding each family’s commitment through a pledge provides insight for the Finance Committee.
How do I fulfill my pledge?
Contributions towards a pledge can be made from January 1 through December 31. There are many ways to fulfill a pledge:
- Cash or Check – Checks should be sent to the finance office with “pledge” written in the memo field.
- Online – Visit the Member Portal to make a one-time gift or to set-up a recurring gift.
- Text to Give – Text 704-312-7540 and then an amount and fund (e.g. $100 GF2022). You can also support the Dedicated Offering by texting an amount and DO (e.g. $25 DO). If you need to update your payment method, text “edit” and follow the link to update your account.
- IRA – If you are over 70.5 years of age, you can make a contribution from your mandatory minimum withdrawal. Contact the financial institution that manages your IRA. Please note that this contribution must come directly from your IRA trustee.
- Stock Transfer – Gifts of stock are welcome and the process is simple. Please contact Deborah Banks at Foundation for the Carolinas at email@example.com or 704-973-4577.
- Sunday Plate Offering – The plate offering that is passed in worship is distributed to different outreach partners, but that funding does not support the church’s operating budget. This model of giving is unique to Myers Park Presbyterian Church and is a significant funding source for our partners.
Cultivate Capital Campaign
Every so often, our church embarks on a capital campaign. The Cultivate Capital Campaign is about nurturing a new generation of disciples to grow a deep, abiding faith in Jesus Christ. It’s about sowing seeds of hope that all might experience the abundance of God’s beloved community. It is about much more than new classrooms or heating and air conditioning (although those are important too) –it is about building on our foundation.
This capital campaign is an exercise in sacrificial giving; a stretch gift beyond our regular tithes and offerings to cultivate our faith and harvest a better future for our ministry in Charlotte and around the world. It’s an opportunity to consider how you can commit to living out God’s love in life changing ways. Learn more about the Cultivate Capital Campaign and how you can join us as we sow faith, root hope, and reap love. Link to capital campaign page
Faith • Hope • Love
The endowment fund is a permanent source of capital that is used to support the ministries of MPPC by enriching and deepening our programs with an eye to the future.