Blessed to be a Blessing
“I will bless you and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing.” – Genesis 12:2
God calls us to bless others and to share our blessings. As Christians, one way we can do that is by supporting the church.
We believe that generous giving is a significant and meaningful part of our worship life. When we combine our gifts, they multiply to bring hope to our community and beyond.
Stewardship is a celebration of God’s blessings—serving God through our time, talents, and treasures. We give our financial resources through our annual stewardship commitment. Giving is an act of faith, an expression of gratefulness, and a spiritual discipline. Your financial commitment ensures that children and youth are nurtured, adults grow in faith through discipleship and relationships with one another, older adults are upheld and cared for, God’s name is praised through song and worship, the poor are given food, and the homeless receive shelter. All of that—and so much more—is made possible through our giving to the church.
Practically speaking, a pledge is an estimate of your giving for the coming year, which funds everything we do as a faith community: from paying the salaries of our clergy and staff to supporting our outreach ministries, our pastoral care, our worship, our education programs, our music, and our facilities.
Spiritually speaking, a pledge is your response to the abundant blessings in your life. Pledging helps to transform your giving into a spiritual practice. With a pledge, you make a commitment to God and to your church. When you fulfill a pledge, it becomes a regular spiritual practice like attending worship, praying, studying, and serving the broader community.
How do I fulfill my pledge?
Contributions towards a pledge can be made from January 1 through December 31. There are many ways to fulfill a pledge:
- Cash or Check – Checks should be sent to the finance office with “pledge” written in the memo field.
- Online – Visit the Member Portal to make a one-time gift or to set-up a recurring gift.
- Text to Give – Text 704-312-7540 and then an amount and fund (e.g. $100 GF2023). You can also support the Dedicated Offering by texting an amount and DO (e.g. $25 DO). If you need to update your payment method, text “edit” and follow the link to update your account.
- IRA – If you are over 70.5 years of age, you can make a contribution from your mandatory minimum withdrawal. Contact the financial institution that manages your IRA. Please note that this contribution must come directly from your IRA trustee.
- Stock Transfer – Gifts of stock are welcome and the process is simple. Please contact Deborah Banks at Foundation for the Carolinas at email@example.com or 704-973-4577.
- Sunday Plate Offering – The plate offering that is passed in worship is distributed to different outreach partners, but that funding does not support the church’s operating budget. This model of giving is unique to Myers Park Presbyterian Church and is a significant funding source for our partners.
Why We Pledge
We gladly contribute to the many worthwhile initiatives, efforts, and projects that MPPC supports, as we know that through them we are able to demonstrate our enormous gratitude for the many blessings that we as a family receive.
We have directly seen some of the positive impacts that our contributions make through our church’s many outreach partners.
Ivette & Gerardo Monroy
Members Since 2021
We give because we know the important work that our church does in the lives of so many in our community.
Giving to MPPC not only benefits us as a congregation, but it greatly impacts Charlotte and beyond.
Christen & Matthew Greer
Members Since 2012 & 1992
We’ve been blessed by being generous with the church because we get to see what we can accomplish together. We love the incredible children’s programs, the mission, and the community outreach.
Participating is one thing. Stepping back to see the results is something else entirely, knowing that we had some small part.
Linda & Paul Ibsen
Members Since 1998
God has given me everything I have.
Although I can never begin to repay God, by giving to the church, I feel like, in some small way, I am showing God my appreciation. Also, whatever I have given to others has come back to me many times over in many, many different ways.
Grew Up at MPPC & Member Since 2006
Cultivate Capital Campaign
Every so often, our church embarks on a capital campaign. The Cultivate Capital Campaign is about nurturing a new generation of disciples to grow a deep, abiding faith in Jesus Christ. It’s about sowing seeds of hope that all might experience the abundance of God’s beloved community. It is about much more than new classrooms or heating and air conditioning (although those are important too) –it is about building on our foundation.
This capital campaign is an exercise in sacrificial giving; a stretch gift beyond our regular tithes and offerings to cultivate our faith and harvest a better future for our ministry in Charlotte and around the world. It’s an opportunity to consider how you can commit to living out God’s love in life changing ways. Learn more about the Cultivate Capital Campaign and how you can join us as we sow faith, root hope, and reap love. Link to capital campaign page
Faith • Hope • Love
The endowment fund is a permanent source of capital that is used to support the ministries of MPPC by enriching and deepening our programs with an eye to the future.