CONGO MINISTRY TEAM
The mission and ministry of the Congo Team is to support education excellence for girls and women in Congo through ever-deepening relationships with our Congolese partners based on and aimed at cultivating Christian values and deepening the faith of MPPC disciples.
Congo Mission Network – A collaboration of PC(USA) churches and members across the US committed to improving healthcare and education in Congo.
Presbyterian Community of Congo (CPC) – A church of 2.5 million members actively involved in evangelism, education, healthcare, women’s ministries and community development.
UPRECO – A leading university in the central region of the DRC with the mission to educate leaders for the Congolese church and nation as Pastors, Educators, and Lawyers.
How Love Builds Up
Myers Park Presbyterian’s relationship with the DRC dates back to 1948 when MPPC’s Pastor, Jas. A. Jones, was asked to travel abroad with a delegation of Presbyterian Mission Workers. His time in Congo led to a vibrant partnership that continues today through the work of our Congo Ministry Team.
- The construction of two girls’ school – Dipa dia Nzambi in Kananga (2012) and Les Mages in Mbuji-Mayi (2018).
- Ongoing support of Dipa dia Nzambi and Les Mages through scholarships, teacher training, operational funds, and various capital projects.
- The construction of a women’s dormitory at UPRECO (2020) as well as the construction of a kitchen, well, and additional projects designed to enhance the students’ university experience (2021).
- Ongoing scholarship support at UPRECO.
- Frequent communication with CPC officials, PC(USA) Mission Co-workers, and leadership at the girls’ schools and UPRECO.
- Annual involvement in the Congo Mission Network conference.
If you would like to learn more about MPPC’s partnership in Congo or join MPPC’s Congo ministry team, please email email@example.com.