12 months – 60 months
Hours of Operation:
9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Classroom Ratios: Toddlers: 2:10 Twos: 2:12 Threes: 2:14 to 2:16 Fours: 2:18 TK: 2:20
6 weeks – 60 months
Hours of Operation:
7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Classroom Ratios: Infants: 2:8 Toddlers: 2:10 Twos: 2:14 Threes: 2:14 Fours: 2:15
Link Your Harris Teeter VIC Card Today
Did you link your Harris Teeter VIC card to support the Weekday School this year? You must relink your card each school year. Tell the cashier at check out our number, 4351.
Mabel’s Labels Fundraiser
Limit our Lost & Found by labeling all of your belongings. Click HERE to order waterproof and dishwasher safe labels. The Weekday School will receive a portion of proceeds.
- HALF-DAY ENROLLMENT
- FULL-DAY ENROLLMENT
- PARENT PORTAL
- WEEKDAY WONDERS SUMMER
The Creative Curriculum System for Preschool is an award-winning curriculum system for preschool success. Using exploration and discovery as a way of learning, The Creative Curriculum for Preschool enables children to develop confidence, creativity, and lifelong critical thinking skills.
The Creative Curriculum for Preschool:
- Based on 38 objectives for development and learning.
- Presents knowledge-building volumes and daily practice resources in tandem, giving every educator the “what,” “why,” and “how” of early childhood education.
- Offers daily opportunities to individualize instruction, helping teachers meet the needs of every type of learner.
- Addresses all the important areas of learning from social-emotional and math to technology and the arts and incorporates them throughout every part of every day.
- Offers daily built-in opportunities for observation, helping teachers and administrators clearly see the strong relationship between curriculum and assessment.
Development assessments are conducted twice a year. This helps teachers focus on what matters most to children’s success by:
- Developing a profile of each child to answer the questions, “What does this child know? What is he or she able to do?”
- Understanding how their observations relate to important objectives for development and learning and use that understanding to scaffold each child’s learning.
- Assisting to determine if a child is making progress and compare the child’s knowledge, skills, and behaviors to those of their peers.
- Recognizing children who might benefit from special help, screening, or further early intervention evaluation.
Christian education and faith formation are incorporated into the curriculum in both intentional and integrated ways that reflect the pervasiveness of God in all of life. As we expand the Weekday School ministry, we are making plans for including faith moments in the curriculum that reflect the goals and priorities of our covenant. Whether in weekly Chapel or prayers in the classroom, your child is learning the language of faith and growing in their love of God and neighbor.
Registration for the 2019-20 school year is closed. CLICK HERE if you would like to be added to the waitlist.
January 7-11: Registration for currently enrolled families.
January 14-18: Registration for new families.
If you are registering more than one child, the total amount paid will reflect the number of registrations received (1=$105, 2=$210, 3=$315).
Please have your MPPC Member Portal login information ready or register for an account prior to your registration period. Walk-in or mail-in registrations will not be accepted.
A non-refundable registration fee of $105 is required. Payment options include Visa and Mastercard. Because many employers have firewalls that prevent online payments, please use a personal computer, tablet, or smartphone to register.
Priority For Enrollment:
- Currently enrolled Weekday School students – currently enrolled students are guaranteed a spot in the upcoming school year but not necessarily their first choice of days
- Siblings of currently enrolled Weekday School students
- Myers Park Presbyterian Church members not currently enrolled
- Non-Myers Park Presbyterian Church members
Families for whom there is no immediate space available will be placed on the appropriate waiting list in order of registration date and time. Should space become available, you will be contacted regarding the opening and asked to complete a letter of intent to attend and submit the first month’s tuition to accept the space.
What Happens Next:
Letters of intent will be emailed on February 1 to all successfully registered and waitlisted families. If accepted, signed letters of intent along with the first month’s tuition will be due within one week of acceptance date.
2019-20 Enrollment Choices:
Toddlers: MWF ($356/month) or T/TH ($296/month)
- Must be 12 months by August 31, 2019
Twos: MWF ($356/month), T/TH ($296/month), or M-F ($453/month)
- Must be 24 months by August 31, 2019
Threes: M-TH ($394/month) or M-F ($453/month)
- Must be 36 months by August 31, 2019
Fours: M-F ($453/month)
- Must be 48 months by August 31, 2019
Transitional Kindergarten: M-F ($482/month)
- Eligibility Requirements: Successful completion of a 4-year-old class
When determining classroom placement, consideration is given to age range and boy-to-girl ratio. We will do our best to accommodate first enrollment choices whenever possible. The final placement of children is carefully determined by the Weekday School administration.
How It Works:
- All families interested in attending the Myers Park Presbyterian Church Weekday School are encouraged to attend a scheduled tour (please refer to TOUR link for dates and tour registration.)
Full-Day Program registration is open only to families with two full-time employed parents (or full-time employed single parent).
Infants/Toddlers: $1184.00 monthly
Early Preschool/Preschool/PreK: $1068.00
Priority For Student Enrollment:
- Students currently enrolled in the WDS for a minimum of 1 year & their siblings.
- Myers Park Presbyterian Church members, not currently enrolled.
- Non–Myers Park Presbyterian Church members.
Priority for Waitlisted Students:
Once you are notified of an opening by the Weekday School administration, you will have seven days to accept, complete, and return your letter of intent. Once the Weekday School receives your letter of intent, you will receive an enrollment packet and registration confirmation
To complete a full-day enrollment application, a $105.00 registration is required.
Tour the classrooms of our award-winning programs.
Tours are the 2nd Thursday of each month from 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. in B105.
Please complete the following registration form to sign up for one of the tour dates below. We look forward to your visit!
October 11 November 8 December 13 January 10 February 14 March 14 April 11
May 9 June 13 July 11
We are currently accepting applications for both full time and half day positions.
Submit an Employment Application
Discover all the fun your child can have this summer at Weekday Wonders summer camp weeks. Our themed weeks are designed to be educational as well as tons of fun for the children!
Camp hours are between 7:30 and 6:00 for rising Kindergartners through rising 5th graders. We will have one or two field trips per week that go along with our theme. Camp is $250.00 per week per camper with a $50.00 non-refundable registration fee paid up front and the remaining paid the week your child attends camp. To register or for more information, email Shannon Leary at Sleary@myersparkpres.org
Summer Camps 2019 Dates
Week 1 June 10 thru June 14 Geology Week
Week 2 June 17 thru June 21 Vacation Bible School
Week 3 June 24 thru june 28 Adventureland
Week 4 July 1 thru July 5 America the Beautiful! Let’s Explore NC
Week 5 July 8 thru July 12 Tinkerlab
Week 6 July 15 thru July 19 Super Science!
Week 7 July 22 thru July 22 Water Works!
Week 8 July 29 thru August 2 PeeWee Picassos
Week 9 August 5 thru August 9 Music and Movement
Week 10 August 12 thru Aug 16 The Queen City/ Our Hometown
This week we will explore what amazing treasures come from the Earth and a little bit about how by learning about fossils, gems, and minerals. Our study includes a trip to Emerald Hollow Mine in Hiddenite, NC for an earth science program culminating with a creek dig and sifting through dirt in a sluiceway to find some of Earth’s treasures.
VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL~ THEME TBD
Join us for a week filled with fun and adventure! We will work in teams to achieve problem solving goals, embark on a scavenger hunt and go on a fun field trip!
AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL!
This week we will Celebrate America’s birthday by learning about some nifty American inventions, participating in some very American traditions and honoring America’s favorite pastime by touring BB&T stadium where the Charlotte Knights play. NO CAMP ON WEDNESDAY, JULY 4TH
What will YOU make in our maker space? Bring your imagination and creativity to camp this week as we see what we can cobble together in our tinker lab. We will take a fun and interesting field trip this week as well.
This week be prepared to ask WHY as we explore everything from polymers to gravity. We will take a trip to Atomz Labs to perform some super cool science experiments and learn about the scientific method.
This week we will get wet! We will learn about the water cycle, visit a splash park and learn about the ocean and why it is important to protect it. We will take a special field trip and have some water balloon wars! You will need a change of dry clothes, a towel and water shoes for this week.
PEE WEE PICASSOS
Spend this week learning about all things art. If you like to paint, draw, sculpt or just use your creative brain, this week is for you! We will experiment and play with different mediums from paint to clay and take an art inspired field trip. You will create a masterpiece to take home on Friday!
MUSIC AND MOVEMENT
Our own Ms. Lana, MPPC Weekday School Music and Movement Teacher will be on hand this week for all things music! From classical to classic rock, experience music like you haven’t before. We will also take a special field trip this week.
This week we will celebrate our hometown. We will learn about what makes Charlotte a cool, world class city. We will explore it’s history and quirks and take some fun and informative field trips.
Inclement Weather Policy
- If the Myers Park Presbyterian Church Administrative offices are closed, the Weekday School will be closed.
- The Weekday School (full & half-day) will follow the Charlotte–Mecklenburg School’s (CMS) closing policy for the first inclement weather day.
- If CMS is scheduled to be closed for additional days due to the inclement weather, the decision on whether or not to close will be determined by Weekday School Administration on a day-to-day basis.
- In the event of a Charlotte – Mecklenburg Schools (CMS) delayed opening, the half-day program will remain closed, and the full–day program will operate either on the one or two-hour delay.
- To ensure proper and prompt notification of parents and staff as to the closing or delayed opening for The Weekday School, the administration will send the information out using Remind 101.
Remind 101 offers a service that will send you a push or text message if the Weekday School posts any closings or delays. We recommend that you take the following steps:
If you have a smartphone, get push notifications. Open your web browser and go to the following link.
For Text messages:
- Half-Day – text @halfdaypa to 81010
- Full-Day – text @fulldaywds to 81010
Weekday School Directorkvanover@myersparkpres.org 704.927.1277
Director, Weekday Wonders School Age Programsleary@myersparkpres.org