The Weekday SchoolFostering the mental, physical, spiritual, and experiential growth of children in a loving, Christian environment. Upcoming Events
A ministry where:
spiritually, socially, and emotionally.
physically and intellectually.
in faith and discipleship.
a lifelong love of learning.
Our philosophy is based on how children learn rather than what they should know. We believe that children learn most effectively through a play-oriented approach, with a curriculum specifically suited to each developmental level, as well as to the needs of the individual child.
For ages: 12 months – 5 years
Toddlers – 2:10
Twos – 2:12
Threes – 2:12-15
Fours – 2:12-18
TK – 2:20
For ages: 6 weeks – 5 years
Infants – 1:4
Toddlers – 1:5
Early Preschool – 1:8
Preschool – 1:9
Pre-K – 1:12
Please see the Half-Day and Full-Day enrollment tabs below for more information. Weekday School questions and interest may be directed to the following:
Half-Day Weekday School Inquiries:
- The next tour of the Half-Day program will occur this fall prior to registration.
Full-Day Weekday School Inquiries:
- Full-Day program tour sign up:
COVID-19 & Sick Policy
All families are expected to self-report any signs of illness or postive COVID-19 tests to either the Half-Day or Full-Day office.
We will continue to follow recommendations from local and state medical professionals and update policies as needed. The best risk-mitigation tool for our school is for students exhibiting symptoms to stay home. If a child comes to school with symptoms, Directors will require parents to pick the child up immediately, and he/she will not be able to return without a negative test or alternative diagnosis from the pediatrician. As a reminder, symptoms that require a child to stay home include:
- Fever (temperature 100.4 ºF or higher) or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste of smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
After COVID-19 has either been confirmed or ruled out, Weekday School Administration will outline the student’s return to school based on the current guidelines in place at the time.
Additionally, keep your child home if they feel unwell or have the following symptoms:
- Yellow or green eye discharge or red or pink eye
- Unexplained rash
- Strep throat
- Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease
The Creative Curriculum System for Preschool is an award-winning curriculum system for preschool success. Using exploration and discovery as a way of learning, The Creative Curriculum for Preschool enables children to develop confidence, creativity, and lifelong critical thinking skills.
The Creative Curriculum for Preschool:
- Based on 38 objectives for development and learning.
- Presents knowledge-building volumes and daily practice resources in tandem, giving every educator the “what,” “why,” and “how” of early childhood education.
- Offers daily opportunities to individualize instruction, helping teachers meet the needs of every type of learner.
- Addresses all the important areas of learning from social-emotional and math to technology and the arts and incorporates them throughout every part of every day.
- Offers daily built-in opportunities for observation, helping teachers and administrators clearly see the strong relationship between curriculum and assessment.
Development assessments are conducted twice a year. This helps teachers focus on what matters most to children’s success by:
- Developing a profile of each child to answer the questions, “What does this child know? What is he or she able to do?”
- Understanding how their observations relate to important objectives for development and learning and use that understanding to scaffold each child’s learning.
- Assisting to determine if a child is making progress and compare the child’s knowledge, skills, and behaviors to those of their peers.
- Recognizing children who might benefit from special help, screening, or further early intervention evaluation.
Christian education and faith formation are incorporated into the curriculum in both intentional and integrated ways that reflect the pervasiveness of God in all of life. As we expand the Weekday School ministry, we are making plans for including faith moments in the curriculum that reflect the goals and priorities of our covenant. Whether in weekly Chapel or prayers in the classroom, your child is learning the language of faith and growing in their love of God and neighbor.
Forms Required Before First Day of School:
- Student Care Plan
- Tuition Express Application
- Children’s Medical Report
- Copy of Annual Immunization Record – age level immunizations must be up to date
- Allergy Action Plan (if applicable)
Additional Information for Half-Day Weekday School:
- 2022-2023 Calendar
- Health & Wellness Policy
- Carpool Policy
- Acquaintance Form
- COVID-19 Waiver & Release
- Lunch Ideas
Additional Information for Full-Day Weekday School:
Inclement Weather Policy
In the event of inclement weather or an emergency non-weather related issue:
- The WDS Directors will evaluate each situation and make the decision whether to close or alter the normal operating hours.
- We will consider what our neighboring schools are doing and if our staff can safely get to and from work.
- If the MPPC Executive Director closes the church campus for the day, the school will be closed.
- If the decision is made to close the school, we will notify families by email, and teachers will contact families through our communication apps. It is the parents’ responsibility to ensure that their correct email addresses and phone numbers are on file.
- In the event of an early closing, parents are expected to make arrangements to pick up their child promptly when contacted by the school.
- There will not be a reduction or refund of tuition for any such early or full day closings.
We will make every effort to remain open, but the safety of our families and staff is always our top priority.
2023-2024 Registration for Enrollment:
- Our annual registration period occurs each January for the upcoming school year.
- Children must be at least 12 months of age by August 31, 2023 to be eligible to register for the 2023-2024 school year.
- January 9-13: Online registration for currently enrolled Half-Day families
- All currently enrolled Half-Day students are guaranteed a space in the next age level but not necessarily their first choice of days if they register by January 13.
- January 17-20: Online registration for new Half-Day families
- Waitlists for 2023-2024 Threes, Fours, and TK students are open. Click here to register for the waitlist.
- Waitlists for 2023-2024 Toddlers and Twos have been closed to new applicants. MPPC church members can inquire directly to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2023-2024 Enrollment Choices:
- 2 days (Tuesday/Thursday) = $335/month
- 3 days (Monday/Wednesday/Friday) = $400/month
- Must be 12 months by August 31, 2023
- 2 days (Tuesday/Thursday) = $330/month
- 3 days (Monday/Wednesday/Friday) = $395/month
- 5 days (Monday-Friday) – limited spots = $505/month
- Must be 24 months by August 31, 2023
- 4 days (Monday-Thursday) = $445/month
- 5 days (Monday-Friday) = $510/month
- Must be 36 months by August 31, 2023
- 5 days (Monday-Friday) = $515/month
- Must be 48 months by August 31, 2023 and fully toilet-trained
- Transitional Kindergarten:
- 5 days (Monday-Friday) = $535/month
- Eligibility Requirements: Successful completion of a 4-year-old class
A curriculum enrichment fee of $150 will be charged to students in Twos-TK for our Specials (Godly Play Faith Development, Music & Movement, Art, and Library).
When determining classroom placement, consideration is given to age range, boy-to-girl ratio, teacher recommendations, and overall class dynamics. We will do our best to accommodate first enrollment choices whenever possible. The final placement of children is carefully determined by the Weekday School administration. Teacher and classroom assignments will be communicated to parents in August.
Interested families register through the link on this webpage during their applicable registration window. Please have your MPPC Member Portal login information ready or register for an account prior to your registration period. Walk-in or mail-in registrations will not be accepted.
A non-refundable registration fee of $105/student is required. Payment options include Visa and Mastercard. Because many employers have firewalls that prevent online payments, please use a personal computer, tablet, or smartphone to register. If you are registering more than one child, the total amount paid will reflect the number of registrations received (1=$105, 2=$210, 3=$315).
Letters of intent will be emailed in February to all successfully registered and waitlisted families. If accepted, signed letters of intent along with the first month’s tuition will be due within one week of the acceptance date.
Priority For Enrollment:
- Currently enrolled Half-Day Weekday School students – Currently enrolled Half-Day students are guaranteed a spot in the upcoming school year but not necessarily their first choice of days if registered during the registration period.
- Siblings of currently enrolled Half-Day Weekday School students
- Myers Park Presbyterian Church members not currently enrolled
- Currently enrolled Full-Day Weekday School students who have been enrolled at least 12 months
- Myers Park Presbyterian Church non-members
Families for whom there is no immediate space available will be placed on the appropriate waiting list for the current school year in order of registration date and time. Should space become available, you will be contacted regarding the opening and asked to complete a letter of intent to attend and submit the first month’s tuition to accept the space.
How It Works:
All families interested in attending the Myers Park Presbyterian Church Weekday School are encouraged to attend a scheduled tour (please refer to TOUR link for dates and tour registration.)
Full-Day Program registration is open only to families with two full-time employed parents (or full-time employed single parent).
- Infants/Toddlers: $1,368/month
- Early Preschool/Preschool/PreK: $1,234/month
Priority For Student Enrollment:
- Currently enrolled Full-Day Weekday School students
- Siblings of currently enrolled Full-Day Weekday School students
- Myers Park Presbyterian Church members not currently enrolled
- Currently enrolled Half-Day Weekday School students who have been enrolled at least 12 months
- Myers Park Presbyterian Church non-members
How to Apply:
To complete a Full-Day enrollment application, a $105 non-refundable registration fee is required.
What Happens Next:
Once you are notified of an opening by the Weekday School Administration, you will have 7 days to accept, complete, and return your letter of intent. After the Weekday School receives your letter of intent, you will receive a registration confirmation and enrollment packet.
Summer Weekday Wonders
Discover all the fun your child can have this summer at Weekday Wonders summer camps. Our themed weeks are designed to be educational as well as tons of fun for the children!
Camp is open 7:30AM- 5:30PM for rising kindergartners through rising 5th graders. Children may be dropped off and picked up any time within that window. We will have one or two on campus field trips per week that go along with our theme. Camp is $300 per week per camper with a $100 non-refundable registration fee paid during registration and the remaining paid the week your child attends camp.
Summer 2023 Camp Themes
- 6/12- Vacation Bible School- Campers will participate in VBS activities this week. All campers will receive a VBS Shirt.
- 6/19- Geology Week- We will focus on earthquakes this week and some cool gems and minerals the earth forms in the process!
- 6/26- Mini Matisse Art Week- Explore your inner Matisse this week with all things art! Make a masterpiece to take home!
- 7/3- America the Beautiful! We will be closed Tuesday, July 4th for the holiday. We will just have some good ol’ fashioned American fun this week including a cook-out!
- 7/10- Water Week- Let’s get wet! All kinds of water fun this week from relay games to water slides, bring your suit, towel and sunscreen!
- 7/17- Around the World in 5 Days!- This week we will explore cultures around the world with different foods and customs!
- 7/24- Shark Week- Chomp Chomp- We will learn about the ocean’s apex predators this week and adopt a shark to track around the ocean!
- 7/31- Adventure Awaits!- We will do all kinds of fun adventurous activity this week! Spy games, escape rooms, and treasure hunts, oh my!
- 8/7- On Broadway!- We will stage a play this week and build sets with a performance on Friday!
- 8/14- Science is Surreal!- Science is sometimes stranger than fiction! We will do some really interesting exploration of the world around us this week!
Visit www.myprocare.com to create an account and register for specific weeks. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
We are currently accepting applications for Half-Day (8:00AM-1:00PM) positions. If interested, please submit an Employment Application.
Qualified applicants, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
March 13-17: Half-Day closed for spring break
March 31: Weekday School parent party
April 7-10: Half-Day and Full-Day closed for Easter holiday
May 22-25: Full-Day parent/teacher conferences
May 25: Last day for Half-Day students
May 29: Full-Day closed for Memorial Day
Support the WDS
Mabel’s Labels Fundraiser
Limit our Lost & Found by labeling all of your belongings. Click HERE to order waterproof and dishwasher safe labels. Search for “MPPC Weekday School (Charlotte).” The Weekday School will receive a portion of proceeds.
Receive 20% off Minted cards and gifts throughout the year when using promo code FUNDRAISEMYERS at checkout. The Weekday School will received a portion of the proceeds.
Link Your Harris Teeter VIC Card Today
Did you link your Harris Teeter VIC card to support the Weekday School this year? You must relink your card each school year. Tell the cashier at check out our number, 4351.
Support MPPC on Amazon Smile
Shop Amazon through Amazon Smile, and 0.5% of purchases will be donated to MPPC. Visit smile.amazon.com and select “Myers Park Presbyterian Church.”