The Weekday School at Myers Park Presbyterian Church is under the authority of the Session and responsible to it. Matters of general policy and direction are carried out by the Weekday School Board, which is a standing committee of the Session.
Children THRIVE … spiritually, socially, and emotionally.
Children DEVELOP … physically and intellectually.
Children GROW … in faith and discipleship.
Children BEGIN … a lifelong love of learning.
Our philosophy is based on how children learn rather than what they should know. We believe that children learn most effectively through a play-oriented approach, with curriculum specifically suited to each developmental level, as well as to the needs of the individual child.
12 months – 60 months
Hours of Operation:
9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Threes: 2:14 to 2:16
6 weeks – 60 months
Hours of Operation:
7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Save the date for a fun evening of fellowship, food, music, and fundraising to support the Weekday School.
2017 Breakfast With Santa Photos
Thank you for joining us for Breakfast with Santa. It was a fun morning filled with fellowship, smiles, and joy. Thank you to all of the volunteers who helped make the event a success.
Link Your Harris Teeter VIC Card Today
Did you link your Harris Teeter VIC card to support the Weekday School this year? You must relink your card each school year. Tell the cashier at check out our number, 4351.
The Creative Curriculum System for Preschool is an award-winning curriculum system for preschool success. Using exploration and discovery as a way of learning, The Creative Curriculum for Preschool enables children to develop confidence, creativity, and lifelong critical thinking skills.
The Creative Curriculum for Preschool:
- Based on 38 objectives for development and learning.
- Presents knowledge-building volumes and daily practice resources in tandem, giving every educator the “what,” “why,” and “how” of early childhood education.
- Offers daily opportunities to individualize instruction, helping teachers meet the needs of every type of learner.
- Addresses all the important areas of learning from social-emotional and math to technology and the arts and incorporates them throughout every part of every day.
- Offers daily built-in opportunities for observation, helping teachers and administrators clearly see the strong relationship between curriculum and assessment.
Development assessments are conducted twice a year. This helps teachers focus on what matters most to children’s success by:
- Developing a profile of each child to answer the questions, “What does this child know? What is he or she able to do?”
- Understanding how their observations relate to important objectives for development and learning and use that understanding to scaffold each child’s learning.
- Assisting to determine if a child is making progress and compare the child’s knowledge, skills, and behaviors to those of their peers.
- Recognizing children who might benefit from special help, screening, or further early intervention evaluation.
Christian education and faith formation are incorporated into the curriculum in both intentional and integrated ways that reflect the pervasiveness of God in all of life. As we expand the Weekday School ministry, we are making plans for including faith moments in the curriculum that reflect the goals and priorities of our covenant. Whether in weekly Chapel or prayers in the classroom, your child is learning the language of faith and growing in their love of God and neighbor.
Half Day Registration
Registration for the 2018-19 school year is now closed. Please click HERE to be added to the waitlist.
February 5-9: Registration for currently enrolled families
February 12-16: Registration for new families
If you are registering more than one child, the total amount paid will reflect the number of registrations received (1=$105, 2=$210, 3=$315).
Please have your MPPC Member Portal login information ready or register for an account prior to your registration period. Walk-in or mail-in registrations will not be accepted.
A non-refundable registration fee of $105 is required. Payment options include Visa and Mastercard. Because many employers have firewalls that prevent online payments, please use a personal computer, tablet, or smartphone to register.
Priority For Enrollment:
- Currently enrolled Weekday School students – currently enrolled students are guaranteed a spot in the upcoming school year but not necessarily their first choice of days
- Siblings of currently enrolled Weekday School students
- Myers Park Presbyterian Church members not currently enrolled
- Non-Myers Park Presbyterian Church members
Families for whom there is no immediate space available will be placed on the appropriate waiting list in order of registration date and time. Should space become available, you will be contacted regarding the opening and asked to complete a letter of intent to attend and submit the first month’s tuition to accept the space.
What Happens Next:
Letters of intent will be emailed to all successfully registered and waitlisted families by March 2. If accepted, signed letters of intent along with the first month’s tuition will be due within one week of acceptance date.
2018-19 Enrollment Choices:
Toddlers: MWF ($349/month) or T/TH ($290/month)
- Must be 12 months by August 31, 2018
Twos: MWF ($349/month), T/TH ($290/month), or M-F ($444/month)
- Must be 24 months by August 31, 2018
Threes: M-TH ($386/month) or M-F ($444/month)
- Must be 36 months by August 31, 2018
Fours: M-F ($444/month)
- Must be 48 months by August 31, 2018
Transitional Kindergarten: M-F ($473/month)
- Eligibility Requirements: Successful completion of a 4-year-old class
When determining classroom placement, consideration is given to age range and boy-to-girl ratio. We will do our best to accommodate first enrollment choices whenever possible. The final placement of children is carefully determined by the Weekday School administration.
How It Works:
- All families interested in attending the Myers Park Presbyterian Church Weekday School are encouraged to attend a scheduled tour (please refer to TOUR link for dates and tour registration.)
Full-Day Program registration is open only to families with two full-time employed parents (or full-time employed single parent).
Priority For Student Enrollment:
- Students currently enrolled in the WDS for a minimum of 1 year & their siblings.
- Myers Park Presbyterian Church members, not currently enrolled.
- Non–Myers Park Presbyterian Church members.
Priority for Waitlisted Students:
Once you are notified of an opening by the Weekday School administration, you will have seven days to accept, complete, and return your letter of intent. Once the Weekday School receives your letter of intent, you will receive an enrollment packet and registration confirmation
To complete a full-day enrollment application, a $105.00 registration is required.
Tour the classrooms of our award-winning programs. Tours are from 10:30am-11:30am in B105.
Please complete the following registration form to sign up for a tour.
We look forward to your visit!
We are currently accepting applications for both full time and half day positions.
Submit an Employment Application
Inclement Weather Policy
- If the Myers Park Presbyterian Church Administrative offices are closed, the Weekday School will be closed.
- The Weekday School (full & half-day) will follow the Charlotte – Mecklenburg School’s (CMS) closing policy for the first inclement weather day.
- If CMS is scheduled to be closed for additional days due to the inclement weather, the decision on whether or not to close will be determined by Weekday School Administration on a day-to-day basis.
- In the event of a Charlotte – Mecklenburg Schools (CMS) delayed opening, the half-day program will remain closed, and the full–day program will operate either on the one or two-hour delay.
- To ensure proper and prompt notification of parents and staff as to the closing or delayed opening for The Weekday School, the administration will send the information out using Remind 101.
Remind 101 offers a service that will send you a push or text message if the Weekday School posts any closings or delays. We recommend that you take the following steps:
If you have a smartphone, get push notifications. Open your web browser and go to the following link.
For Text messages:
- Half-Day – text @halfdaypa to 81010
- Full-Day – text @fulldaywds to 81010
Weekday School Directorkvanover@myersparkpres.org
Director, Weekday Wonders School Age Programsleary@myersparkpres.org