The Weekday School at Myers Park Presbyterian Church is under the authority of the Session and responsible to it. Matters of general policy and direction are carried out by the Weekday School Board, which is a standing committee of the Session.
Children THRIVE … spiritually, socially, and emotionally.
Children DEVELOP … physically and intellectually.
Children GROW … in faith and discipleship.
Children BEGIN … a lifelong love of learning.
Our philosophy is based on how children learn rather than what they should know. We believe that children learn most effectively through a play-oriented approach, with curriculum specifically suited to each developmental level, as well as to the needs of the individual child.
12 months – 60 months
Hours of Operation:
9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Classroom Ratios: Toddlers: 2:10 Twos: 2:12 Threes: 2:14 to 2:16 Fours: 2:18 TK: 2:20
6 weeks – 60 months
Hours of Operation:
7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Classroom Ratios: Infants: 2:8 Toddlers: 2:10 Twos: 2:14 Threes: 2:14 Fours: 2:15
Weekday School Valentine’s Dance
Join WDS families Friday, February 14, 5:30-7:00pm in Oxford Hall for dinner, dancing, and fun. CLICK HERE to register.
Link Your Harris Teeter VIC Card Today
Did you link your Harris Teeter VIC card to support the Weekday School this year? You must relink your card each school year. Tell the cashier at check out our number, 4351.
Mabel’s Labels Fundraiser
Limit our Lost & Found by labeling all of your belongings. Click HERE to order waterproof and dishwasher safe labels. Search for “MPPC Weekday School (Charlotte).” The Weekday School will receive a portion of proceeds.
Support MPPC on Amazon Smile
Shop Amazon through Amazon Smile, and 0.5% of purchases will be donated to MPPC. Visit smile.amazon.com and select “Myers Park Presbyterian Church.”
- HALF-DAY ENROLLMENT
- FULL-DAY ENROLLMENT
- PARENT PORTAL
- WEEKDAY WONDERS SUMMER
The Creative Curriculum System for Preschool is an award-winning curriculum system for preschool success. Using exploration and discovery as a way of learning, The Creative Curriculum for Preschool enables children to develop confidence, creativity, and lifelong critical thinking skills.
The Creative Curriculum for Preschool:
- Based on 38 objectives for development and learning.
- Presents knowledge-building volumes and daily practice resources in tandem, giving every educator the “what,” “why,” and “how” of early childhood education.
- Offers daily opportunities to individualize instruction, helping teachers meet the needs of every type of learner.
- Addresses all the important areas of learning from social-emotional and math to technology and the arts and incorporates them throughout every part of every day.
- Offers daily built-in opportunities for observation, helping teachers and administrators clearly see the strong relationship between curriculum and assessment.
Development assessments are conducted twice a year. This helps teachers focus on what matters most to children’s success by:
- Developing a profile of each child to answer the questions, “What does this child know? What is he or she able to do?”
- Understanding how their observations relate to important objectives for development and learning and use that understanding to scaffold each child’s learning.
- Assisting to determine if a child is making progress and compare the child’s knowledge, skills, and behaviors to those of their peers.
- Recognizing children who might benefit from special help, screening, or further early intervention evaluation.
Christian education and faith formation are incorporated into the curriculum in both intentional and integrated ways that reflect the pervasiveness of God in all of life. As we expand the Weekday School ministry, we are making plans for including faith moments in the curriculum that reflect the goals and priorities of our covenant. Whether in weekly Chapel or prayers in the classroom, your child is learning the language of faith and growing in their love of God and neighbor.
January 13-17: Registration for the 2020-21 school year opens for currently enrolled families. CLICK HERE to register.
January 21-24: Registration for the 2020-21 school year opens for new families. CLICK HERE to register.
If you are registering more than one child, the total amount paid will reflect the number of registrations received (1=$105, 2=$210, 3=$315).
Please have your MPPC Member Portal login information ready or register for an account prior to your registration period. Walk-in or mail-in registrations will not be accepted.
A non-refundable registration fee of $105 is required. Payment options include Visa and Mastercard. Because many employers have firewalls that prevent online payments, please use a personal computer, tablet, or smartphone to register.
Priority For Enrollment:
- Currently enrolled Half-Day Weekday School students – Currently enrolled Half-Day students are guaranteed a spot in the upcoming school year but not necessarily their first choice of days if registered during the registration period.
- Siblings of currently enrolled Half-Day Weekday School students
- Currently enrolled Full-Day students who have been enrolled at least 12 months
- Myers Park Presbyterian Church members not currently enrolled
- Myers Park Presbyterian Church non-members
Families for whom there is no immediate space available will be placed on the appropriate waiting list in order of registration date and time. Should space become available, you will be contacted regarding the opening and asked to complete a letter of intent to attend and submit the first month’s tuition to accept the space.
What Happens Next:
Letters of intent will be emailed in February to all successfully registered and waitlisted families. If accepted, signed letters of intent along with the first month’s tuition will be due within one week of acceptance date.
2020-21 Enrollment Choices:
Toddlers: 3 days MWF ($363/month) or 2 days T/TH ($302/month)
- Must be 12 months by August 31, 2020
Twos: 3 days MWF ($363/month), 2 days T/TH ($302/month), or 5 days M-F ($462/month)
- Must be 24 months by August 31, 2020
- There is a very limited number of 5 day M-F spots
Threes: 4 days M-TH ($402/month) or 5 days M-F ($462/month)
- Must be 36 months by August 31, 2020
Fours: 5 days M-F ($462/month)
- Must be 48 months by August 31, 2020
Transitional Kindergarten: 5 days M-F ($492/month)
- Eligibility Requirements: Successful completion of a 4-year-old class
When determining classroom placement, consideration is given to age range, boy-to-girl ratio, teacher recommendations, and overall class dynamics. We will do our best to accommodate first enrollment choices whenever possible. The final placement of children is carefully determined by the Weekday School administration. Teacher and classroom assignments will be communicated to parents in August.
How It Works:
All families interested in attending the Myers Park Presbyterian Church Weekday School are encouraged to attend a scheduled tour (please refer to TOUR link for dates and tour registration.)
Full-Day Program registration is open only to families with two full-time employed parents (or full-time employed single parent).
- Infants/Toddlers: $1,184.00 monthly
- Early Preschool/Preschool/PreK: $1,068.00
Priority For Student Enrollment:
- Currently enrolled Full-Day Weekday School students
- Siblings of currently enrolled Full-Day Weekday School students
- Currently enrolled Half-Day Weekday School students who have been enrolled at least 12 months
- Myers Park Presbyterian Church members not currently enrolled
- Non–Myers Park Presbyterian Church members
How to Apply:
To complete a Full-Day enrollment application, a $105.00 non-refundable registration fee is required.
What Happens Next:
Once you are notified of an opening by the Weekday School Administration, you will have 7 days to accept, complete, and return your letter of intent. After the Weekday School receives your letter of intent, you will receive a registration confirmation and enrollment packet.
Tour the classrooms of our award-winning programs.
Tours are the 2nd Thursday of each month from 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. in B105.
Please complete the following registration form to sign up for one of the tour dates below. We look forward to your visit!
October 10 November 14 December 12 January 9 February 13 March 12 April 9
May 14 June 11 July 9
We are currently accepting applications for both full time and half day positions.
Submit an Employment Application
Discover all the fun your child can have this summer at Weekday Wonders summer camps. Our themed weeks are designed to be educational as well as tons of fun for the children!
Camp hours are 7:30am- 6:00pm for rising kindergartners through rising 5th graders. We will have one or two field trips per week that go along with our theme. Camp is $250.00 per week per camper with a $50.00 non-refundable registration fee paid up front and the remaining paid the week your child attends camp. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register for specific weeks.
2020 Summer Camp Dates:
- Week 1 – June 15-19: Vacation Bible School – Rocky Mountain Railroad
- Week 2 – June 22-26: Earth Works! Incredible Geology – We will explore amazing treasures that come from Earth including fossils, gems, and minerals. Our study includes a trip to Emerald Hollow Mine in Hiddenite, NC for an earth science program columinating with a creek dig and sifting through dirt in a sluiceway to find some of Earth’s treasures.
- Week 3 – June 29-July 2: America the Beautiful! (no camp July 3) – We will celebrate America’s birthday by learning about some nifty American inventions and participating in some very American traditions.
- Week 4 – July 6-10: The Wild Life – We will explore animals and their habitats and talk about the importance of animals in the ecosystem and why some animals are becoming endangered and extinct. A Walk in the Woods will visit us with an educational program and live animals.
- Week 5 – July 13-17: Science – Amazing Forces – Be prepared to ask WHY as we explore forces and the laws that govern our world. We will learn about the wind tunnel and the science behind it during a field trip to I-Fly in Concord and also perform science experiments.
- Week 6 – July 20-24: Water Works! – We will learn about the water cycle and the ocean and why it is important to protect it. Plan to get wet during a special field trip and water balloon wars. Bring a change of clothes, a towel, and water shoes.
- Week 7 – July 27-31: Pee Wee Picassos – Learn about all things art as we paint, draw, sculpt, and use your creative brain. We will experiment and play with different mediums from paint to clay and take an art-inspired field trip. You will create a masterpiece to take home on Friday.
- Week 8 – August 3-7: Maker Lab – What will you make in our maker lab? Bring your imagination and creativity to camp this week as we see what we can cobble together. We will also take a fun and interesting field trip.
- Week 9 – August 10-14: Spies Like Us – Join us for some secret agent antics as we learn what it takes to be a spy. We will examine fingerprints and other fun forensics, and Atomz Labs will help us with a secret mission.
- Week 10 – August 17-21: The Queenliest of Cities – Celebrate Charlotte – We will celebrate our hometown and learn what makes Charlotte a cool world class city. We will explore its history and quirks and take a fun and informative field trip.
Inclement Weather Policy
- If the Myers Park Presbyterian Church Administrative offices are closed, the Weekday School will be closed.
- The Weekday School (full & half-day) will follow the Charlotte–Mecklenburg School’s (CMS) closing policy for the first inclement weather day.
- If CMS is scheduled to be closed for additional days due to the inclement weather, the decision on whether or not to close will be determined by Weekday School Administration on a day-to-day basis.
- In the event of a Charlotte – Mecklenburg Schools (CMS) delayed opening, the half-day program will remain closed, and the full–day program will operate either on the one or two-hour delay.
- To ensure proper and prompt notification of parents and staff as to the closing or delayed opening for The Weekday School, the administration will send the information out using Remind 101.
Remind 101 offers a service that will send you a push or text message if the Weekday School posts any closings or delays. We recommend that you take the following steps:
If you have a smartphone, get push notifications. Open your web browser and go to the following link.
For Text messages:
- Half-Day – text @halfdaypa to 81010
- Full-Day – text @fulldaywds to 81010