For ages: 12 months – 5 years
Hours: 9:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Toddlers – 2:10
Twos – 2:12
Threes – 2:14-16
Fours – 2:18
TK – 2:20
For ages: 6 weeks – 5 years
Hours: 7:30 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
Infants – 1:4
Toddlers – 1:5
Two – 1:8
Threes – 1:9
Fours – 1:12
The Weekday School is currently closed to visitors in response to local and state COVID-19 regulations. All tours have been canceled until further notice. Please see the enrollment tabs below for more information. Weekday School questions and interest may be directed to the following:
Half-Day Weekday School Inquiries:
Full-Day Weekday School Inquiries:
COVID-19 & Sick Policy
All families are expected to self-report any signs of illness or postive COVID-19 tests to either the Half-Day or Full-Day office.
We will continue to follow recommendations from local and state medical professionals and update policies as needed. The best risk-mitigation tool for our school is for students exhibiting symptoms to stay home. If a child comes to school with symptoms, Directors will require parents to pick the child up immediately, and he/she will not be able to return without a negative test or alternative diagnosis from the pediatrician. As a reminder, symptoms that require a child to stay home include:
- Fever (temperature 100.4 ºF or higher) or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste of smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
After COVID-19 has either been confirmed or ruled out, Weekday School Administration will outline the student’s return to school based on the current guidelines in place at the time.
Additionally, keep your child home if they feel unwell or have the following symptoms:
- Yellow or green eye discharge or red or pink eye
- Unexplained rash
- Strep throat
- Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease
The Creative Curriculum System for Preschool is an award-winning curriculum system for preschool success. Using exploration and discovery as a way of learning, The Creative Curriculum for Preschool enables children to develop confidence, creativity, and lifelong critical thinking skills.
The Creative Curriculum for Preschool:
- Based on 38 objectives for development and learning.
- Presents knowledge-building volumes and daily practice resources in tandem, giving every educator the “what,” “why,” and “how” of early childhood education.
- Offers daily opportunities to individualize instruction, helping teachers meet the needs of every type of learner.
- Addresses all the important areas of learning from social-emotional and math to technology and the arts and incorporates them throughout every part of every day.
- Offers daily built-in opportunities for observation, helping teachers and administrators clearly see the strong relationship between curriculum and assessment.
Development assessments are conducted twice a year. This helps teachers focus on what matters most to children’s success by:
- Developing a profile of each child to answer the questions, “What does this child know? What is he or she able to do?”
- Understanding how their observations relate to important objectives for development and learning and use that understanding to scaffold each child’s learning.
- Assisting to determine if a child is making progress and compare the child’s knowledge, skills, and behaviors to those of their peers.
- Recognizing children who might benefit from special help, screening, or further early intervention evaluation.
Christian education and faith formation are incorporated into the curriculum in both intentional and integrated ways that reflect the pervasiveness of God in all of life. As we expand the Weekday School ministry, we are making plans for including faith moments in the curriculum that reflect the goals and priorities of our covenant. Whether in weekly Chapel or prayers in the classroom, your child is learning the language of faith and growing in their love of God and neighbor.
Forms Required Before First Day of School:
- Student Care Plan
- Tuition Express Application
- Children’s Medical Report
- Copy of Annual Immunization Record – age level immunizations must be up to date
- Allergy Action Plan (if applicable)
Additional Information for Half-Day Weekday School:
- 2021-2022 Calendar
- 2021 Health & Wellness Policy
- Carpool Policy
- Acquaintance Form
- COVID-19 Waiver & Release
- Lunch Ideas
Additional Information for Full-Day Weekday School:
Inclement Weather Policy
- If the Myers Park Presbyterian Church administrative offices are closed, the Weekday School will be closed.
- The Weekday School (Full & Half-Day) will follow the Charlotte–Mecklenburg School’s (CMS) closing policy for the first inclement weather day.
- If CMS is scheduled to be closed for additional days due to the inclement weather, the decision on whether or not to close will be determined by Weekday School administration on a day-to-day basis.
- In the event of a Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (CMS) delayed opening, the Half-Day program will remain closed, and the Full-Day program will operate either on the one or two-hour delay.
- To ensure proper and prompt notification of parents and staff as to the closing or delayed opening for the Weekday School, the administration will send the information out using Remind 101.
Remind 101 offers a service that will send you a push or text message if the Weekday School posts any closings or delays. Registration instructions will be given at the beginning of the school year.
We are currently accepting applications for both Full-Day (full time) and Half-Day positions. Submit an Employment Application.
2022-2023 Registration for Enrollment:
- Children must be at least 12 months of age by August 31, 2022 to be eligible for 2022-2023 enrollment.
- CURRENTLY ENROLLED WDS FAMILES: Register January 10-14
- NEW FAMILIES: Register January 18-21
- WAITLISTS: Children at least 36 months old by August 31, 2022 may be added to the waitlists for Threes, Fours, and TK classes by clicking HERE. The waitlists for Toddlers and Twos have been closed.
2022-2023 Enrollment Choices: The classes listed are subject to change due to updated COVID-19 restrictions.
- 2 days T/Th ($314/month) or 3 days MWF ($378/month)
- Must be 12 months by August 31, 2022
- 2 days T/Th ($314/month), 3 days MWF ($378/month), or 5 days M-F ($481/month)
- Must be 24 months by August 31, 2022
- 4 days M-TH ($418/month) or 5 days M-F ($481/month)
- Must be 36 months by August 31, 2022
- 5 days M-F ($481/month)
- Must be 48 months by August 31, 2022
- Transitional Kindergarten:
- 5 days M-F ($512/month)
- Eligibility Requirements: Successful completion of a 4-year-old class
A curriculum enrichment fee of $150 will be charged to students in Twos-TK for our Specials (Godly Play Faith Development, Music & Movement, Art, and Library).
When determining classroom placement, consideration is given to age range, boy-to-girl ratio, teacher recommendations, and overall class dynamics. We will do our best to accommodate first enrollment choices whenever possible. The final placement of children is carefully determined by the Weekday School administration. Teacher and classroom assignments will be communicated to parents in August.
Interested families register through the link on this webpage during their applicable registration window. Please have your MPPC Member Portal login information ready or register for an account prior to your registration period. Walk-in or mail-in registrations will not be accepted.
A non-refundable registration fee of $105/student is required. Payment options include Visa and Mastercard. Because many employers have firewalls that prevent online payments, please use a personal computer, tablet, or smartphone to register. If you are registering more than one child, the total amount paid will reflect the number of registrations received (1=$105, 2=$210, 3=$315).
Letters of intent will be emailed in February to all successfully registered and waitlisted families. If accepted, signed letters of intent along with the first month’s tuition will be due within one week of the acceptance date.
Priority For Enrollment:
- Currently enrolled Half-Day Weekday School students – Currently enrolled Half-Day students are guaranteed a spot in the upcoming school year but not necessarily their first choice of days if registered during the registration period.
- Siblings of currently enrolled Half-Day Weekday School students
- Myers Park Presbyterian Church members not currently enrolled
- Currently enrolled Full-Day students who have been enrolled at least 12 months
- Myers Park Presbyterian Church non-members
Families for whom there is no immediate space available will be placed on the appropriate waiting list in order of registration date and time. Should space become available, you will be contacted regarding the opening and asked to complete a letter of intent to attend and submit the first month’s tuition to accept the space.
How It Works:
All families interested in attending the Myers Park Presbyterian Church Weekday School are encouraged to attend a scheduled tour (please refer to TOUR link for dates and tour registration.)
Full-Day Program registration is open only to families with two full-time employed parents (or full-time employed single parent).
- Infants/Toddlers: $1,368/month
- Early Preschool/Preschool/PreK: $1,234/month
Priority For Student Enrollment:
- Currently enrolled Full-Day Weekday School students
- Siblings of currently enrolled Full-Day Weekday School students
- Myers Park Presbyterian Church members not currently enrolled
- Currently enrolled Half-Day Weekday School students who have been enrolled at least 12 months
- Myers Park Presbyterian Church non-members
How to Apply:
To complete a Full-Day enrollment application, a $105 non-refundable registration fee is required.
What Happens Next:
Once you are notified of an opening by the Weekday School Administration, you will have 7 days to accept, complete, and return your letter of intent. After the Weekday School receives your letter of intent, you will receive a registration confirmation and enrollment packet.
Summer Weekday Wonders
Discover all the fun your child can have this summer at Weekday Wonders summer camps. Our themed weeks are designed to be educational as well as tons of fun for the children!
Camp is open 7:30 a.m.- 5:30 p.m. for rising kindergartners through rising 5th graders. Children may be dropped off and picked up any time within that window subject to off-campus field trips. We will have one or two field trips per week that go along with our theme. Camp is $260 per week per camper with a $50 non-refundable registration fee paid during registration and the remaining paid the week your child attends camp.
* All upcoming events are tentative and subject to change depending on the current COVID-19 restrictions in place at the time.
May 2-5: School pictures on the playground
May 4: Chapel Sing for Threes, Fours, and TK classes
May 26: Last day of Half-Day Weekday School
Support the WDS
Mabel’s Labels Fundraiser
Limit our Lost & Found by labeling all of your belongings. Click HERE to order waterproof and dishwasher safe labels. Search for “MPPC Weekday School (Charlotte).” The Weekday School will receive a portion of proceeds.
Receive 20% off Minted cards and gifts throughout the year when using promo code FUNDRAISEMYERS at checkout. The Weekday School will received a portion of the proceeds.
Link Your Harris Teeter VIC Card Today
Did you link your Harris Teeter VIC card to support the Weekday School this year? You must relink your card each school year. Tell the cashier at check out our number, 4351.
Support MPPC on Amazon Smile
Shop Amazon through Amazon Smile, and 0.5% of purchases will be donated to MPPC. Visit smile.amazon.com and select “Myers Park Presbyterian Church.”