HYPE = Holy Youth Passage Experience embodies the whole process of welcoming 5th graders into their exuberant, energetic, and loving faith family in Youth Ministry. Middle school represents an important transition in our faith journey and we want to make sure you get the right information and partners along the way.
- Sunday, December 8th, 9:45 am, A-101, Parents Meeting – all the information you need in one meeting.
- Sunday, February 9th, 4 pm, Outreach Center – First HYPE meeting, come and experience what Youth Group is all about.
- Sunday, March 22nd, 4 pm, Outreach Center – Second HYPE meeting. Let’s discuss what faith family, faith practices and faith journey means!
- Sunday, April 26th, 4 pm, Outreach Center – Last HYPE meeting, we will talk about the year ahead and all the questions we have!
Parents and Family Events:
- Sunday, March 1st, 9:45 am, Parents Meeting – missed the first one? We will do a make-over, just for you.
- Sunday, March 8th, 5-6:30 pm, Chicken Picken – Join our biggest fundraiser of the year. 5th graders have “baskets” in our traditional raffle (Girls Basket led by Spencer Blythe, Boys Basket led by Liz Pollet)
- Sunday, September 13th, 5-6:30 pm, Oxford Hall – Traditional event for Youth and parents at large.
- Wednesday, September 16th, noon – this light lunch provides the opportunity for fellowship and receive valuable information for the year ahead.
Retreats and Events:
- Saturday, April 4th, All Day, Faith and Human Sexuality Retreat – organized by CFM.
- May 30-June 5th, Middle School Youth Week – different activities and different places every day!
- June 15-21st, 2020, Massanetta Middle School Conference – Monday-Tuesday at church, Wednesday-Sunday retreat at Massanetta, VA. Activities include recreation, keynote, small groups, back home group, and worship.
- August 10-14, 2020, CROSS Mission Week – Serving week at Charlotte plus multiple activities for youth and their families.