The endowment fund is a permanent source of capital that is used to support the ministries of MPPC by enriching and deepening our programs with an eye to the future.
Managing the Endowment
The Foundation for the Carolinas provides investment services for the endowment fund. Our ministry teams collaborate with the Endowment Committee to decide how the funds are distributed. FFTC has more than $2.5 billion in charitable assets and is one of the largest community foundations in the United States. MPPC selected FFTC because of their outstanding track record and their innovative leadership for nonprofits. Their money management provides a service that MPPC would not be able to achieve on their own.
Our endowment is comprised of multiple funds that support specific ministry areas of the church. These include:
- Undesignated – Provides flexibility to support the greatest unfunded needs
- Outreach – Helps to fund ministry partners’ greatest needs both locally and globally
- Worship and Music –Provides support to ensure inspiring worship and music
- Faith formation – Supports the church’s growing children’s and youth ministries and vital adult education
- Congregational Life – Gifts help to fund pastoral care and wellness ministries
- Administration of Facilities – Helps support the upkeep and ongoing improvements of our beautiful campus
- Vocational and Denominational Support –as one of the largest church’s in our denomination, we are called to support mission work and ensure the denomination’s future
Legacy Partners Jim and Betsy Deupree
Become a Legacy Partner
Supporting the endowment is a wonderful opportunity to leave a planned gift by becoming a Legacy Partner—the society that was established to recognize the members who have made a provision for the church in their estate plans. Legacy gifts—whether large or small—combine to create a vision of abundance for the church’s future, ensuring the continued vitality of its mission and ministries long after we are gone.
Legacy Partners provide an opportunity for our members to make a bequest that reflects his or her values, priorities, and gratitude for God’s blessings. Click here for the statement of bequest form.