A 32-week, high commitment, in-depth study of The Writings, John, and Revelation
September 15, 2021-May 18, 2022
Wednesday mornings, 9:30-11 a.m. A-102
Led by: Savannah Demuynck
Wednesday evenings, 6-7:30 p.m. A-102
Led by: Bill Prestwood
What is this?
- An in-depth study of the Writings, the Gospel of John, and Revelation
- A learning community to support and encourage
- A challenge to apply the ancient Scriptures to your everyday life
- An opportunity to connect what you are learning with
what you already know
Who is it for?
- Everybody! The Disciple courses do not need to be completed sequentially. It’s helpful to have completed the Disciple I course or to be currently participating in the Year in the Bible study, but not required.
What am I committing to?
- Weekly attendance (we understand you may not be there every week, but need at least 75% presence)
- Three to four hours of individual study and preparation each week (reading Scripture, making notes, reflection, prayer)
What you’ll take away:
- Friendship and familiarity with the people and events
in the Bible
- Strong bonds with other members in the congregation
- Stronger bonds with members of your table group
- Practice and skill in applying Scripture to life
What you will need:
- Disciple IV Workbook ($40)
- Bible (NRSV): we recommend The New Oxford Annotated Bible with Apocrypha in the New Revised Standard Version; or The New Interpreter’s Study Bible or The Harper Collins Study Bible