A 32-week high commitment, in-depth study of The Prophets and the Letters of Paul led by John Magnuson.
Wednesday evenings, 6-7:30 p.m. A104 and Zoom
September 15, 2021-May 18, 2022
What is this?
- An in-depth study of the Prophets and the Letters of Paul
- A learning community to support and encourage your study
- A challenge to apply the ancient Scriptures to your everyday life
- An opportunity to connect what you are learning with
what you already know
Who is it for?
- Everybody! The Disciple courses do not need to be completed sequentially. It’s helpful to have completed the Disciple I course or to be currently participating in the Year in the Bible study, but not required.
What am I committing to?
Weekly attendance (we understand you may not be there every week, but need at least 75% presence)
Three to four hours of individual study and preparation each week (reading Scripture, making notes, reflection, prayer)
What you’ll take away:
- Familiarity with the people and events in the Bible
- Friendship and strong bonds with other members in the congregation
- Practice and skill in applying Scripture to life
What you will need:
- Disciple III Workbook ($40)
- Bible (NRSV): we recommend The New Oxford Annotated Bible with Apocrypha in the New Revised Standard Version; or The New Interpreter’s Study Bible or The Harper Collins Study Bible