8 Above all, maintain constant love for one another, for love covers a multitude of sins. 9 Be hospitable to one another without complaining. 10 Like good stewards of the manifold grace of God, serve one another with whatever gift each of you has received. –1 Peter 4: 8-10
- Join the Gratitude Challenge! Write down 3-5 things each day for which you are Grateful in this calendar. The challenge is not to repeat any of them!
- Make a contract with yourself or your parents for the summer to create some order in this crazy time. 2020 Summer Contract.
- Monday Munch, Middle School, at noon, at Cornerstone Picnic Area (In Parking lot off Oxford Place before you exit on Queens) Bring your own Take-Out and your own Chair.
- Take-Out Tuesday High School Youth, Noon, at Cornerstone Picnic Area (In Parking lot off Oxford Place before you exit on Queens) Bring your own Take-Out and your own Chair.
- Praying, All Youth, 7:30 pm, Wednesdays, at Outreach Center (Bring your own Chair: Journal Provided. Register here. We will go over different prayer practices, including mindfulness, journaling and coloring.
- Thursday Morning MPPC Run Club, All Youth, Cross Country Running with Intern Vance, 8:30 am, meet at Cornerstone Picnic area.
- Leadership Lunch, Sunday July 19, Middle School youth at 11:30 am, High School youth at 12:30 pm at Cornerstone Picnic Area (In Parking lot off Oxford Place before you exit on Queens). Join us to hear about opportunities for youth from one time events to chairing a committee. If you are unable to attend and interested, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Pizza will be provided.
- Freedom School Partners
- Treats for FSP staff, Mondays in July, between 10-11am: The Freedom School Partners (FSP) interns and staff are working hard to support the FSP scholars with drive-thru activities and encouragement. Let’s support them with treats and goodies throughout the summer! Volunteers are needed to drop off treats for the five staff members each week in July. You can sign up here.
- FSP Latrobe Warehouse Helper, Now through July 31: FSP currently has volunteer opportunities to help at their warehouse with various tasks like sanitizing donations, sorting books, or preparing enrichment kits. Here is a link to their Volunteer Hub web page. Search for “FSP Latrobe Warehouse Helper”. They ask that volunteers be 16 years of age or older. Volunteers younger than 16 should have an adult accompany them.
- Make face masks for those in our community. Follow this instructions. Once done, drop them off at church, behind the gratitude board and let Michelle or Patty know!
- Loaves and Fishes – Parking Lot Canned Food Drive for Loaves and Fishes
- July 19 , 10am-12pm. Main needs: Peanut Butter, canned meats, kids & adult diapers, wipes.
- August 9, 10am-1pm
If you would like to be a driver, please contact email@example.com
- Support Roof Above as they serve neighbors living in homelessness.
- Grier Heights Community Center/ Crossroads: Food Donation. Our neighbors in Grier Heights live with food insecurity, so this time makes it extra hard. Crossroads’ staff will prepare “meal kits” that will be delivered to residents. They are also in need of face masks for staff and the most vulnerable residents. Please ONLY donate the following items:
- Box/Non-perishable microwavable dinners (hamburger helper, tuna, microwavable macaroni and cheese, etc)
- Ramen Noodles
- Chef Boyardee
- Canned Vegetables
- Juice boxes
- Bottles of Water
- Snacks (cookies, chips, fruit snacks, fruit cups, applesauce, pudding, etc.)
- DROP OFF: Grier Heights Community Center, 3100 Leroy St., Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 9am – 2pm
Doughnuts and Discussion, Visits from Youth Staff to Rising 6th Graders. Contact Parcia@myersparkpres.org to schedule a visit or we will contact you!
Hymnal ART Journal, Pick up a hymnal to have throughout the summer for journaling, art, poetry or just creating. Choose a theme: Gratitude, Hospitality, Sabbath or Joy. Be Creative. Sign up for tutorials for your art journal at firstname.lastname@example.org. We invite you to consider sharing the journal at a time when we return together. We would love to display these in an exhibit of the work.
Picture THIS! Contest! Middle School and High School Youth can do this from anywhere! Weekly themes will be posted by the month on the Youth website. Post your picture or video on your Instagram, on your parents or a friends, but tag @MPPCyouth to enter.
Submit, post by 7pm on Sunday night.
MONTREAT YOUTH CONFERENCE July 19-24, For Registered Youth, Current 8th Grade- Graduated seniors. Registration open for new youth to join: $160, available here. Where: Outside and around Charlotte in Small groups.
Dates and Times:
- Sunday, 4:00-9pm
- Monday, 6-9pm
- Tuesday, 7:45am-10am
- Wednesday, 6-9pm
- Thursday, 7:45-10am
- Friday, 6-9pm
CROSS MISSIONS, Rising 6th-Rising 8th Graders, August 3-6, 8:30 am- 1 noon, $75.00 per person. Registration here.