Join us on for End-of-year CROSS Weekend! April 27th-29th, Middle School youth will experience a weekend of worship and service together. This express CROSS experience invites current 6th, 7th, and 8th graders to engage with two urban ministries in the city of Charlotte, while discussing our call to put our faith in action! We will have adult and High School leaders walking with us this part of our faith journey.
We’ll embark on a journey of mission right here in Charlotte, NC through our church’s CROSS program. Youth will have the opportunity to spend two nights in the Outreach Center. The week will open our eyes to the needs of our brothers and sisters here in our own city and you will be able to put your faith in action responding to those needs.
Friday, April 27th
6:30 pm — Meet at Outreach Center. Unpack.
7:00 pm — Dinner and Orientation.
8:30 pm— Devotion and Recreation.
10:30 pm—Lights Out.
Saturday, April 28th
7:00am – Breakfast.
8:00am – Worksite #1.
12:00pm – Picnic Lunch.
1:00 pm — Worksite #2. (Samaritan House,
5:00-10:30 pm — Evening will provide time for dinner, recreation activities in Gym with reflection and worship.
Sunday, April 29th
7:00am – Breakfast. Pack and Clean up.
8:45am – Celebrate Service at Myers Park Presbyterian Church.
10:00 am – Pick up at Outreach Center!
** We treat the CROSS trip just like any other trip that we might go on out of state. We ask that participants sign up knowing that they will be able to stay the full duration of the trip along with every evening. Please do not schedule dentist appointments or doctors’ visits. If your young person has games or practices, please plan to miss them. Pick UP 10:00 am on Sunday. **
What to bring?
- Work Clothes (Shorts and T-shirts)
- Closed toed shoes
- Water Bottle!!!
- One set of work gloves
- Personal toiletries
- Medicine (if needed)
- Beach towel
- Sleeping bag
- Pillow and sweatshirt for sleeping
- $5.00 in ones for vending machine
* No sleeveless shirts or tank tops
* No shirts with inappropriate words on them.
* Youth are welcome to bring phones, but we will collect them and distribute them during specific periods of time.
* Please refrain from bringing anything expensive, large amounts of cash, computers, video games, or tablets.
* Please refrain from bringing any items that won’t collaborate with the sense of faith family we share on trips like this.