Jesus in the Gospels –
A Disciple Bible Study
A 30-week high commitment, in-depth study of the Gospels
Wednesday evenings, 6-8:00 p.m., A-102
September 4, 2019 – April 29, 2020
Leader: Bill Prestwood
What is this?
- A look at Jesus and how he is portrayed in each of the four Gospels.
- An opportunity to connect Scripture to daily life and deepen your discipleship
- A learning community to support and encourage your study
Who is it for?
- Anyone who has completed a Disciple I course. Disciple II, III or IV is not required.
What am I committing to?
- Weekly attendance (we understand you may not be there every week, but need at least 75% presence)
- Three to four hours of individual study and preparation each week (reading Scripture, making notes, reflection, prayer)
What you’ll take away…
- Familiarity with the people and events in the Bible
- Friendship and strong bonds with other members in the congregation
- Practice and skill in applying Scripture to life
What you will need…
- Jesus in the Gospels Workbook $40
- Jesus in the Gospels Gospel Comparisons $15
- Bible (NRSV): we recommend The New Oxford Annotated Bible with Apocrypha in the New Revised Standard Version; or The New Interpreter’s Study Bible or The Harper Collins Study Bible
How to register…