Jesus in the Gospels
This is a 30-week high commitment, in-depth study of the Gospels led by Bill Prestwood. The study meets on Wednesday evenings from September to April. View the Syllabus.
What is this?
- A look at Jesus and how he is portrayed in each of the four Gospels.
- An opportunity to connect Scripture to daily life and deepen your discipleship
- A learning community to support and encourage your study
Who is it for?
Anyone who has completed a Disciple I course. Disciple II, III or IV is not required.
What am I committing to?
Weekly attendance (we understand you may not be there every week, but need at least 75 percent presence) and three to four hours of individual study and preparation each week (reading Scripture, making notes, reflection, prayer).
What you’ll take away:
- Familiarity with the people and events in the Bible
- Friendship and strong bonds with other members in the congregation
- Practice and skill in applying Scripture to life
What you will need:
- Jesus in the Gospels Workbook ($40)
- Jesus in the Gospels Gospel Comparisons ($15)
- Bible (NRSV): we recommend The New Oxford Annotated Bible with Apocrypha in the New Revised Standard Version; or The New Interpreter’s Study Bible or The Harper Collins Study Bible