A 34-week high commitment, in-depth study of the Old and New Testaments led by Rev. Joe Clifford and Rev. John Magnuson. Fall 2020 schedule dates coming soon.
What is this?
- A long walk with the sacred stories of Scripture
- An in-depth overview of the content of the books of the Old and New Testaments
- A learning community to support and encourage your study
- A challenge to apply the ancient Scriptures to your everyday life
Who is it for?
Seekers — those who are getting to know the Scriptures (perhaps for the first time)
Skeptics — those who have some familiarity, but many questions
Saints — those who love the Bible and want to experience it again
What am I committing to?
Weekly attendance (we understand you may not be there every week, but need at least 75 percent presence) and three to four hours of individual study and preparation each week (reading Scripture, making notes, reflection, prayer).
What you’ll take away:
- Familiarity with the people and events in the Bible
- Friendship and strong bonds with other members in the congregation
- Practice and skill in applying Scripture to life
What you will need:
- Disciple 1 Workbook ($40)
- Bible (NRSV): we recommend The New Oxford Annotated Bible with Apocrypha in the New Revised Standard Version; or The New Interpreter’s Study Bible or The Harper Collins Study Bible