For all details regarding the 21-Day Youth, Faith, Race & Moore, visit: https://myersparkpres.org/2020/07/youth-faith-race/
Download the Coronavirus Anxiety Workbook for Families by The Wellness Society.
Virtual Youth Time
- Join the Gratitude Challenge! Write down 3-5 things each day for which you are Grateful in this calendar. The challenge is not to repeat any of them!
- Parking Lot Canned Food Drive for Loaves and Fishes, August 23, 10am – 12pm, at Outreach Center. Main needs: Peanut Butter, canned meats, kids & adult diapers, wipes. If you would like to be a driver, please contact email@example.com
- Welcome Drive-Thru for 6th Graders (Class of 2027), August 23, 10-12pm. Start on the carpool entrance by Oxford Pl and follow multiple activities to celebrate the newest additions to our faith family. Exit on Providence Rd.
- Youth Kick-Off, August 23, via Zoom – Join us as we kick off this year a little differently. We will be hosting a Zoom kick-off for each grade. | 8th grade at 5 p.m. | 6th & 7th grade at 6 p.m. | High school at 7 p.m.
For a full and constantly updated list of all Outreach Community Response from MPPC, please visit: https://myersparkpres.org/2020/03/outreach-community-response/
- Freedom School Partners
- Treats for FSP staff, Mondays in July, between 10-11am: The Freedom School Partners (FSP) interns and staff are working hard to support the FSP scholars with drive-thru activities and encouragement. Let’s support them with treats and goodies throughout the summer! Volunteers are needed to drop off treats for the five staff members each week in July. You can sign up here.
- FSP Latrobe Warehouse Helper, Now through July 31: FSP currently has volunteer opportunities to help at their warehouse with various tasks like sanitizing donations, sorting books, or preparing enrichment kits. Here is a link to their Volunteer Hub web page. Search for “FSP Latrobe Warehouse Helper”. They ask that volunteers be 16 years of age or older. Volunteers younger than 16 should have an adult accompany them.
- Make face masks for those in our community. Follow this instructions. Once done, drop them off at church, behind the gratitude board and let Michelle or Patty know!
- Support Roof Above as they serve neighbors living in homelessness.
- Grier Heights Community Center/ Crossroads: Food Donation. Our neighbors in Grier Heights live with food insecurity, so this time makes it extra hard. Crossroads’ staff will prepare “meal kits” that will be delivered to residents. They are also in need of face masks for staff and the most vulnerable residents. Please ONLY donate the following items:
- Box/Non-perishable microwavable dinners (hamburger helper, tuna, microwavable macaroni and cheese, etc)
- Ramen Noodles
- Chef Boyardee
- Canned Vegetables
- Juice boxes
- Bottles of Water
- Snacks (cookies, chips, fruit snacks, fruit cups, applesauce, pudding, etc.)
- DROP OFF: Grier Heights Community Center, 3100 Leroy St., Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 9am – 2pm