Virtual Youth Time
- Middle School Sunday School, 11 am. Starting this Sunday, March 29 until May 3rd. Join via ZOOM.
- Middle School Virtual Youth Group, Sundays at 5pm. Join via ZOOM.
- High School Virtual Youth Group, Sundays at 6pm. Join via ZOOM.
- Bible Study for 6th Grade Youth, on Tuesdays, at 5 pm, starting on March 31. Join via ZOOM
- College Students Gathering, on Tuesdays at 8 pm. Join via ZOOM
- Bible Study for 7th Grade Youth “100 Things you need to know before confirmation” starting on Wednesday, March 25 until May 6, at 4pm. Join via ZOOM.
- High School Small Group, on Wednesdays, at 7pm. Join via ZOOM
- Book Club online – Monday, April 6 – Middle School: 5:00, High School: 7:00.
Middle School: Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli
- HYPE event for 5th Graders – on Sunday, April 29 at 4 pm. Join us via ZOOM.
- Outreach Community Response – Join efforts happening with different partners around Charlotte to serve those experiencing needs. An updated list is available here: https://myersparkpres.org/2020/03/outreach-community-response/
- Read Storytime to our Children at MPPC, on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 5 pm! Signup genius to lead: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090b4faead2da1f49-storytime. Join to watch here.
- Toast a Different Member of the Family each night this week
- Use your best China, light candles, make it a feast
- Have breakfast for dinner or make breakfast your family meal
- Invite friends to dinner. Facetime with grandparents or friends who are alone. Toast them!
- Do not talk about the Virus. Have a topic. Tell family stories.
- Have your phones at the table AFTER DINNER: Start with a scavenger hunt. Who can find a family picture with everyone in it. Find a picture of grandma. A picture of our last vacation. A Christmas morning picture. A picture of Dad. A picture of Mom. A picture of others in the family. A picture of the family pet. A baby picture . Then end with…… Everyone show a picture that you think represents your family Core values and why.
Playing is so important and we don’t take time to do it enough! It is just good to play and laugh. We love to play because it invites you to participate in life. Playing requires you to be creative, think a little differently and laugh with your whole body. Find time to play this week:
Taco Cat Goat Cheese Pizza. When the card matches the mantra — boom! — everyone slaps their hand on the deck, with the last one to slap picking up the cards. Whoever rids themselves of cards first wins! $10 on Amazon
Tenzi. It is fun because it’s fast. To play TENZI you must roll your 10 dice as fast as you can which makes the game instantly competitive and fun for the whole family. $25 on Amazon.
Set. Race to find as many SETs as you can—the player with the most SETs at the end of the game wins!
March Madness Playlist: start by gathering a bunch of family members and friends. Have everyone choose and bracket two songs, broadcast the brackets to your email list and have people vote. Repeat and repeat until you have an ultimate winner. Together, you’ll create an awesome pandemic playlist you will all remember forever. Play the songs at your house during the day together.
Use this time together as a tool to promote and practice faith practices!
Gratitude journal. Start a notebook and place in a designated location. invite each family member to write their reflections of gratitude daily. Try not to duplicate. This will help ease anxiety during changing schedules and keep our spirits positive.
Family Devotional “Pandemic Hope: A Family Devotional for life during COVID-10”. Download for free here.
Meditation and Mindfulness practices from Sarah Bessey.
Prayer Ideas from Vibrant Faith (click on Image for higher resolution)