The season of Lent is a time of prayer, fasting, and self-examination in preparation for the celebration of the resurrection of the Lord at Easter. This year, we will explore “Cross Talk” through the themes of sacrifice, humility, forgiveness, reconciliation, and redemption.
Congregational Discussion Options
Fellowship Groups, March-April – Build community with other members of our church through fellowship and faithful conversations. Groups will meet throughout Lent, beginning in March, and you can join at any time. Contact email@example.com to find a group.
Family To-Go Bags, Available February 23 – Grab a “Faithful Families” Lenten activity bag from the Welcome Desk. It has a daily devotion guide, family discussion questions, and fun activities for children.
Bible Project: Video Devotionals, February 26-April 12 – We’ve partnered with the Bible Project to bring high-quality, theologically sound, animated videos to our congregation. Whether you enjoy these videos personally or with friends and family, we hope they will provoke insightful conversation. Curated and moderated by John Magnuson, this weekly series will be available on the Myers Park Presbyterian Church app.
Lenten Worship Services
- Lent Chapel Service, February 26, 7 a.m., Chapel
- Ashes To Go, February 26, 7:30-9:30 a.m., Outreach Center Circle Drive – Drive through for this simple practice with deep meaning.
- Evening Service, February 26, 6:30 p.m., Oxford Hall
Wednesday Chapel Services
Lent Chapel Services, Wednesdays starting Ash Wednesday and continuing through Holy Week, 7 a.m., Chapel – Join us for a prayer service with communion.
- Maundy Thursday Service, April 9, 7 p.m., Oxford Hall – Remember the Last Supper of Jesus Christ with the Disciples. Worship will include communion.
- Good Friday Service, April 10, 7 p.m., Sanctuary – We will walk through the final hours of Christ’s ministry with music and liturgy.
- Easter Sunrise Service, April 12, 7 a.m., Columbarium Garden – Celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- Easter Services, April 12, 8:45 & 11 a.m., Sanctuary & Oxford Hall – Celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ.