Teaching, learning, and building relationships throughout Lent.
The season of Lent is a time of prayer, fasting, and self-examination in preparation for the celebration of the resurrection of the Lord at Easter. Our sermon series through Lent will explore ideas of Jesus being “At Table,” breaking bread with tax collectors, uninvited guests, and his closest disciples. The table is a place of teaching, learning, and relationship-building; a place of community.
Jesus welcomes all to the table, inviting us to rise to the challenges of the world.
Throughout Lent, the youth of the church invite the congregation to engage in daily intentions, or practices. From sitting down at table for a family dinner, to making time for self-care, Lent will offer an opportunity for deeper community.
Participate by downloading the MPPC App and following #MPPCAtTable on Instagram.
- Lent Wednesday Chapel Service, March 6, 7 a.m., Chapel
- Ashes to Go, March 6, 7:30-9:30 a.m., Outreach Center Parking Lot – Drive through for this simple practice with deep meaning.
- Evening Service, March 6, 6:30 p.m., Oxford Hall
Wednesday Chapel Services
- Lent Chapel Services, Wednesdays starting Ash Wednesday and continuing through Holy Week, 7 a.m., Chapel – Join us for a prayer service with communion
- Lenten Worship Services, Sundays, 8:45 & 11 a.m., Sanctuary & Oxford Hall – Worship will explore ideas of being “At Table” with one another. The table is a place of teaching, learning, and relationship-building; a place of community. Jesus welcomed all to the table, inviting them to rise to the challenges of this world. We will do the same.
- Lent Writing Group,Wednesdays March 13-April 17, 6-7 p.m., A104 – Drop in for a weekly hour of writing together during Lent. We will use prompts to help us get started writing as a spiritual practice. Our prompts will be from scripture, poetry, pictures, and more. No writing experience is needed
- Holy Week Prayer Stations, April 14-19 – Drop by the Parlor to pray and remember Jesus at table with others. All ages are welcome anytime the building is open.
- Maundy Thursday Service, April 18, 7 p.m., Sanctuary – Remember the Last Supper of Jesus Christ with the Disciples. Worship will include communion.
- Good Friday Service, April 19, 7 p.m., Oxford Hall – The Celebrate Band will guide us through the final hours of Christ’s ministry with music and liturgy.
- Easter Sunrise Service, April 21, 7 a.m., Columbarium Garden – Celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- Easter Services, April 21, 8:45 & 11 a.m., Sanctuary & Oxford Hall – Celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ.